What To Do When a Friend or Family Member Is Arrested

No one wants to get a phone call in the middle of the night finding out that a friend or family member is in trouble with the law. However, if you find yourself in this position, it is important that you know the right steps to take. You will need to contact a bail bondsman, find a lawyer and ask for a detailed police report.

Contact a Bail Bondsman

First and foremost, your concern will be getting your arrested friend or family member out of jail. You will need to find a bail bondsman Lincoln County. Once contacted, you will need to have the name, birthdate and jail location of the person who was arrested. The bail bondsman can help you post bail so that your friend or family member can get out of jail.

Find a Lawyer

If your friend or family member is going to trial, you will need to find a defense attorney who is willing to try his or her case. Make sure that you choose someone who has experience in similar cases, and ask about his or her track record. This will help you determine if an attorney is the right choice for you.

Ask for a Police Report

Once an arrest is made, you will want a copy of the police report, and you will want any and all charges made detailed. This will help you plan your defense much more strategically, and it can also help you identify any errors that were made during or after the arrest. Make sure that the details of the event are accurate and true.

While you never want to hear that a friend or family member is in jail, it is something that unfortunately happens. Follow these steps to keep a clear and level head if you find yourself in this situation.


Related posts