Divorce and child custody battles are very difficult circumstances to navigate through. You likely had a lawyer help you through the divorce, but now you are considering hiring one to help you with child custody issues. If you fall into that category, then there are some things about a child custody lawyer in Riverside that you will want to know about regarding how they can help you with your case.
Top Ways a Child Custody Lawyer Can Help You
There are a lot of laws and terms that can affect your understanding of custody issues. You may also find that your emotions and decisions are being affected because of everything going on around you. But there is hope. Here are some ways a lawyer can help you along with child custody issues.
- A lawyer will be able to advise you about your parental rights. When a couple splits up and there are children involved, there is a lot that can happen that will affect your parental rights. You could end up losing them altogether or becoming the children’s sole provider. So, it is important for you to know your options before making any choices.
- They can also help estimate child support payments before the court hearing. You will want to know in advance what you may have to pay in child support, so you can plan for it ahead of time. The last thing you will want to have happened is for you not to be able to make the payments and end up in jail because of it.
- Custody lawyers can also help put together your legal defense or strategy. A custody petition can be developed to show how any requests you may have will affect the children. They can help determine which parent is best suited to care for the children, and they can help prove that it is you.
- Sometimes a parent will be accused by the other parent of having disturbing issues such as drug abuse. Your lawyer can help defend you against such accusations and even work with outside sources to prove that the accusations are false.
- Your lawyerwill also be able to be with you in court and help present documents and evidence to prove your side of the issue. This information may influence a judge’s decision and help get a ruling in your favor.
- They will become the third party that is able to keep things in perspective and the emotions under control. The last thing you will want to do is make a hasty decision in anger and regret it later.
- Your lawyer will inform you that only a court can ever change any existing orders. This means if something needs to change you will need a lawyer to help the judge see why the change is in the best interests of all parties.
It is important to know how a lawyer can help you in court. Child custody lawyers are an important resource for you to have because they can keep things fair during the court hearing and the battle for the kids.